2/7/07

You Have So Much More To Offer

Lets face it, we are not all perfect skinny and tall supermodel like people. So some of us come in all shape sizes, short, heavy, skinny, tall, etc...
Plus Size: If you're a little overweight that's fine. You can still look stylish, and use tips to help you give a slimmer appearance.

Shirts:
When it comes to the top, the empire waist is your best friend. I draws less attention to the gut, and slims it down, while also lengthens the waist.
Pants:
You never want anything too tight, I'll just draw attention to all the areas you don't want it to. Also aim for something where the waist isn't too low cut, or too high. Something right below the naval is just right. This will give you more length in your legs. Don't get a skinny legged pants. Go for a straight leg, or wide leg. This will make the leg appear slimmer. A darker colour will also make you look slimmer. All dark colours are key.

Dresses:
Like shirts, empire waist are really flattering. Wraps are also a good way to give you more of a delicate look. Flowing skirts, or pleats are also really nice and your thighs won't be noticeable.

Underwear:
Underwear is the first step to looking slimmer. Remember, inside than out. Trinny and Susanna made 'Magic Knickers' famous. They are great for anything, to hold in the gut and thighs, while still maintaining comfort. They're great for skirts, pants and dresses. As far as bras goes, and if your heavy chested look for support. You want a well fitted bra, will full cups and thick straps. This will make sure that you breast stay up, and a great bra can easily make you look 10 pounds lighter.

11 comments:

Alison said...

I'll always been a fan of the empire waist- especially on those feminine bloated days :p

Model Citzen said...

great post! theres a little thing called Spanx on the market. I hear it works wonders! katie holmes was spotted wearing these a few weeks ago...

molly said...

gooooooood idea, though im not plus sized, it was interesting to read

Unknown said...

I always wonder, would Magic Knickers give you a yeast infection? It's gross to think about, but I know I've always been advised against wearing extremely tight and non-breathable tights everyday.

Rory said...

I love those dresses! I know wrap dresses and tops are supposed to have a slimming effect but they seem to make me look fatter. Now empire waists, I love them!

Tru said...

nice post, I enjoyed it even if I'm not plus sized....I love empire waists

ENID P. said...

The red dress is awesome.

indigomast said...

good tips, so true.

KYLERAYMONDFITZPATRICK said...

YES. GOOD WORK REPORTING ON THE EMPIRE WAIST. CLASSY.



ps. i'll send that song to you...once i download it...

Unknown said...

what a great blog! if you're interested in linking, please email me at lamadrama@gmail.com the whole plus-size thing was a great ideaa!

McDreamer said...

I am a plus size and I have those "magic knickers"... They really help in hiding my bulges!!! Great post!