10/6/06

The Devil Wears Uggs

Yes winter is upon us unfortunately. I don't know where you live, but it's getting chilly here. I was out shopping yesterday, and had the shivers the whole time. Anyways, with this cold weather upon us, I have already noticed the unbearable things that have surrounded me; furry jackets/boots, and gosh darn ugg boots!!!! I know you may bash for hating uggs and saying you wear them, but only a true fashionista could comprehend my feelings toward them. (and I'm trying to say this in the non bitchiest way too)

I've already ranted about Uggs on my blog, and surely you can understand why. (it was in the summer when people wore them with skirts, gross eh?) Anyways these boots sell for like 200 bucks, and I'd rather wear poo on my feet (maybe not actually) They're so unflattering to anyone who wears them, and if people haven't noticed they've been out of style forever now.


Please excuse the fuzziness of this picture, it was almost impossible to find, and this was the best I could do. Anyways, these are a lovely pair of boots from a little local heaven called ALDO. So if you like ....ugg boots, this kind a boot would be a step in the right direction. I mean it has a similar shape the Uggs, and size/height. It is also pretty oppose to the fugly uggs.



Need I say more? I mean girls at my school actually wear jackets like this, at least 40% of them do, it's pathetic, and fugly. They need a good hand to the back of their head. "Whaddya Thinkin? Are you stupid? The jacket looks like as if they shave that ugly ass cat in the back and put it around their hood. Oh, and they have to have the elasticky waist, because god forbid we don't see every form of their body all the time.

I really like white too this season, it's so clean looking and chic. I like the bold buttons, the dramatic collar, and low waist belt make this peacoat look so much better. As well this Coffee Shop wool coat is only $98, a good price for a good quality wool coat. Now don't you agree that this is so much better than the baby phat jacket.

22 comments:

Ally. said...

HA
your lucky to have a local ALDO!
those are quite like the Sugar boots from a while ago ( i loved them!)

mary said...

yeah, i have those sugar boots. they's so comfortable but really cute, too.

Sarah said...

yeah i saw the sugar boots as well, and it was either these or those. So i chose the ones i've seen face to face.

Frapp said...

*Cringes* I actually bought one of those jackets once. Never again, never again...I only wore it once. All of you Americans: NEVER wear them in the UK. You WILL be called a chav. If you guys don't know what that is (whenever I mention them my American friends all go 'huh?') then Google them. Not a pretty sight.

Unknown said...

Ugg-ly uggs have been out for the past 4 years, why are people still wearing them?

abovo99 said...

The white jacket looks awesome. love it.

Anonymous said...

So So true - I can't stand Ugg's.
White coats are so hot aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more... Just one look at the white coat and i'm like, oh my gawd, this is sooo beautiful!!!

Gort said...

you hit the nail on te head. with a hammer.

Anonymous said...

there's 3 aldos in my city.

Anonymous said...

i agree that ugs arnt exactly nice boots but they arnt exactly out weather they should be or not see because if they were no one would be wearing them would they?i cant say i like the second boots but i do like the last jacket... the other day at school i saw an even uglier jacket than the baby phat one and mariel can testify to this... it had the same shape but it was bright pink and kakie green army with fur pockets.. yeah... it would have gone amazingly with the pants from sirens... so sexy

ENID P. said...

I love the white coat..Fab..
I hate those bubble jackets.. I call them ghetto fab...

ENID P.

molly said...

I'm into mukluks...what's your opinion on those??

You're lucky that only 40% of the girls at your school have that jacket. About 80% of the girls at mine do. I got a sheepskin jacket instead, becaues it made me happy.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. You will have to offer me a lot of money to get me to put Uggs on my feet. They're gross & they make you look like a horse plodding along with big, chunky legs.

But the white coat is very nice. & 98 bucks is a bargain.

Lady Apple said...

poo on my feet?? ;) anyway, i totally agree with you! those boot things are soooo hideous! they make anybody's leg look fat and like they think they are in a freaking snowstorm! i hate them!

Anonymous said...

darling, never said the baby phat was nice. UGH! Being the descriptive word...heheheh, geddit??

joanna said...

ewwww. i hate those ugly baby phat jackets. a billion girls in my school have them and think they look soooooo cute and sexy. unfortunately, they are sadly mistaken. and that elastic waist. blech.

Ella Gregory said...

the most disgusting thing is when people wear ugg boots with tracksuit bottoms.

Florecita roquera said...

I actually love those boots from Aldo.They are way more fresh then Uggs.

Tru said...

I hate Uggs...always ahve always will, girl's shoes should be feminie whenever possible unless they're converse (I love my converse). Uggs are horrible but even worse with the shrot skirts. I totally feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

haha i've been calling uggs fuggs forever. can't stand them, but i've been told they are warm and comfortable which is more than what i can say for most of my boots. (that clearly doesn't excuse the california/ warm weather types wearing them!)

Anonymous said...

I thnik your talking rubbish, my uggs are the best things i ever spent my money on and are very comfortable, and people dont wear them with fur hoodies and tiaras where do you live?? and maybe theyv been out for four years and still being worn because they are comfortable are you all just jealous becasue you cant afford them???