12/8/06

In the future everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes
-Andy Warhol '68

The 60's for me are a revolutionary time in fashion, music and art. I'd like to say the 20's,40's or 50's, because they are fabulous era's. But I love the 60's, the whole era is interesting and appealing to me. Here are some of my favorite parts.

Fashion:

Edie Sedgwick
I think Edie is so cool, and fabulous. She was an icon in the movies, fashion and art. I mean she was Andy Warhol's muse. As far as fashion go, she was the lady with the black tights, high pumps and huge earrings. All styles that we still follow today.
Audrey Hepburn
Audrey is such a fabulous person. What pisses me off is that she is the face of the skinny at the Gap , and I don't think it gives her justice. She made great movies, and had great style.
In a time where being curvy was beautiful, she made her skinny, awkward body beautiful. She also made having a little black dress a must, and black a timeless colour. Twiggy
She always described herself as an ugly scrawny girl when she was younger. Thanks to a revolutionary haircut, and some mod eyelashes, her trademark photos became a legend. She was the face of mod, and has transformed fashion since.
Jackie O'
I once heard that she would spend more on clothes in a year, than her husband (Kennedy) made. But maybe her clothes was given from designers, etc...
She was the lady of elegance, style and beauty for all ages. She made chanel suits, box hats and big sunglasses. I am personally thankful for the big sunglasses, fantabulous.
Music:
Jimi Hendrix-Legendary Guitarist
The Doors-Great Music &Writing

The Beatles-Timeless Music
Janis Joplin-Power to the Women
Art/Design:
Andy Warhol
I am a big fan of Andy Warhol, this dude fascinates me. His art and life. He was huge, it was usual to see him on page 6 every day in the newspaper then. Whether it for his drug scandals,outspokennesss (that's not a word) or art. Some may say it's unoriginal and creativeless, but that's what gives it that fabulousness.

Ball Chair
The original ball chair was imported from Finland, and was called the Earo Aarnio Ball Chair. It was a classic, and started a revolution in all modern furniture. I have personally been wanting to get one for so long, on day. Except the original chairs are $4860
Lava Lamps
These things are just cool, forever. They're pretty cheap, andI'vee been planning on getting one, but have never gotten around to it. Anyways, the 60's without lava lamps, are like the 60's without hippies.

Vespa The vespa scooter was originally designed for an alternative and easier way of transportation. The british youth became filled with these , and was a sign of the mods, inspired by music and fashion.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't love the 60's era but you made me remember Twiggy, the Warhol Factory (with Edie Sedgwick), and of course Jackie O. Audrey Hepburn will always be my icon -- I suddenly remembered that Breakfast at Tiffany's came out in 1960 exactly!

molly said...

haha, as you probably know if you read my blog, im so beyond obsessed with the sixties.

probably a different aspect than you are, but i too adore andy warhol, jimi, janis...

obviously the best decade ever.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Sarah however, not a fan of the lavalamps, no those are too 1999 for me. Good job liking the big sunglasses, they cover more of your eyes and prevent wrinkles.

Style Spot said...

I adore the 60s...it is the best decade ever! Everything revolved around the 60s is so amazing and so inspiring.

Though I love everything about the 60s (well, almost everything!), my absolute favourites are Jimi Hendrix, Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol!

Btw, I've linked if that is okay with you? Such a cool blog;D

Kit "Blanche Deveraux" said...

i'm pretty sure that I am Audrey H. reincarnated, so YEAH i'd say i'm pretty obsessed with her. I also love ANdy Warhol and the Beatles. And I wouldn't mind drive a Vespa either. :)

Anneliese said...

Cute..all the icons from the 60's.

xoxo TF

maya said...

i love twiggy
i love the beatles
i love jimi hendrix
i love andy warhol

Anonymous said...

Grooovy post Sarah, you should add to this by doing a hippie post. You know, flower power, ban the bottle, woodstock '69, give peace a chance, drivin' that train high on cocaine, etc. etc.

Alison said...

Twiggy, Jackie O. and Audrey Hepburn were all such awesome style muses of their time, cool post.

ps. vespa's rule :) I saw a pink one in france and some day it will be mine. pink vespas = love

Anonymous said...

mwah the 60s <3

Elizabeth said...

I am in love with the 60's. Twiggy is my idol!

want to trade links?

www.pearlsandpurses.blogspot.com

ChloƩ said...

I'll have to agree with Marissa, lava lamps are not for me. But ball chairs are just too cool, but as long as they are as far away as possible from carpeted walls. Rugs/carpets are one thing I do NOT miss from the 60's.

alluretone said...

i love audrey hepburn, jackie o and of crouse twiggy.

i really want a bell chair in my room now, and thoes vespas look rally fun to ride in.

Elizabeth said...

hey, i added you too!

sorry about this, but SO many people have messed this up. I think you had my link as pUrlsandpurses.blogspot.com, but it's www.pearlsandpurses.blogspot.com

(Not u, but ea) LOL thanks!

Julz said...

Ahh I loved Funny Face and The Doors were one of the first bands I ever liked! Break on Through=love. great post!

BLEU 12 said...

Ive always wanted to use a vespa scooter instead of a car but cant where I am.

Just an FYI....3 new Shaves up and running..42,43,44

THE STU