7/14/06

Grunge
Garbage or Great?

Once again the fashion world has come back to grunge, the cycle continues. More, and more recently I am comming to see a grunge look in many designers fall collections. In the past I have said that I would never like a certain fashion style, then I come to like it or hate it more, either one. At the moment I am a little iffy with the whole grunge thing. I mean heavy layers of clothing, huge wool sweaters, very boring colours, it's unappealing to the figure, you know, and it just looks dirty or cheap. So when designers are selling these clothing items for hundreds of dollars, you might as well rummage through a bin of wool sweaters and and large brown pants at value village , and call yourself fashionista.

Nonetheless I may be retracting this comment in some time (which I doubt I will, but I can never be that sure.) Please leave a comment about your thoughts on this subject.

Pictures below are from BCBG max azria Fall 2006 collection. This collection did have some nice pieces, and some like the ones below. Although some of his outfits were like a grunge-chic, which was interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great, if grunge fashion comes back, maybe good ol' grunge musaak will come back as well, yes!

Anonymous said...

hey sarah. I think its garbage. I mean, itd be cool if it were a brand new style, but its just an imitation of another (uglier) era it doesnt even have originality going for it its just plain crap

Anonymous said...

yay now hobos can be stylish tooooo!

Sierra said...

Some of it is just ugly, but some is cute, if you accessorize it right.