11/21/06

Did You Know: 99% Of Louis Vuitton Products Sold Are Knock-Off???

Most designers have a classic print or design that defines them. And most of the time they're quite simply fugly, and are wayyyy to overused.

Louis Vuitton
is well known designer, throughout the world. At school, a mall, wherever, I am guaranteed to see at least 8 Louis Vuitton knock-off bags. I swear that pattern is the most god awful, over printed thing ever. Not only is it overly knock-offed, it seems like a pre-requisite that every celebrity must show whatever Louis Vuitton product off ***koff, koff, Mariah Carey. I honestly think that Louis Vuitton should stop making it. Hint :A way to tell how a Louis Vuitton is real : Check the "LV" they're hand painted. (Louis Vuitton luggage)
Burberry, quite a nice clothing & accessory line if you ask me. You guys are going to disagree with me on this one, but I am really starting to dislike the print. As a matter of fact, I use to love and think it was awesome. I even included it in my first post. But when fifty percent of the handbags and shoes from Burberry have this pattern, it tends to look unoriginal, and boring. Quite tragic, because this purse is just fabulous. Maybe we'll get lucky, and knock offs of the print will slow down, then I may like it again.

I have never enjoyed Gucci that must. They're spring 2007 collection was quite impressive, but finding Gucci nice for me, is a feeling that occurs rarely. I never understood the trademark pattern. It simply looks odd, and off to me. I can't quite explain mytself, but I'm sure you understand, since you're so fantabulous, like me. (Gucci shoe)

It's not necessarily a defining pattern, but it's certainly a defining look. Anyone who's anyone, has surely seen or know what a quilted purse is. Chanel is known for them, the quilted purse, and the chain with ribbon in it. I myself use to be a fan of this style, until I find that it got annoying and every girl needed to have one. Probably around the time Marissa on "The O.C" started wearing them every episode. I mean they're usually nice bags and stuff, but it's just really annoying to me at this point. (Chanel Bag)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I definately agree, finally you are speaking out. I have to add Juicy Couture, too many remakes and so goddamn ugly to begin with.

Sarah said...

juicy couture, is not even worthy of this post, nor blog, neither are uggs

molly said...

yesss you nailed it!

all those prints sucked.
how do people find them attractive in the first place?

when the lv bags first came out i was like "WTF???"

Anonymous said...

Logo mania is really annoying... Especially if the design of the bag is really ugly... But we really can't please all... People have different tastes... And sometimes, I do believe that carrying an original "logo-ed" bag boosts out confidence of the carrier, although not to all, but at least, for some...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post....I thought I was the only one who thought LV bags were ugly. soo many people have knockoffs at my school of many of these bags. I was once in the mall with my friend and we were in this bag store that sells some knockoff designer bags and some non designer orginals. Anyway I was looking at a polka dot wallet when this girl asked me if I thought this burberry bag looked real. I told her no and she didn't it buy it....so I guess that means we have one down and abotu 1 million more to go.

The point is thanks for this post, you totally got it right, sry if my comment was too long.

Anonymous said...

please check your spelling before posting...

Sarah said...

to anonymous:

most of the time i do (not all the time) but i did this post late at night and i was tired.

And next time leave a name at least, it screws up the whole superior thing if you don't.

ChloƩ said...

I hate the remake of the Kate Spade poolka-dot purse. Barfatrosious.

Unknown said...

yeah i'm actually not even really a fan of LV. And I hate how obsessed high school girls get over their designer purses. I prefer ones that can have a little wear and tear without being like "Oh my gosh that was $475 and it's not even real but I'm going to pretend it is!"
oh, and by the way, how do you customize the banner at the top of your blog?

Unknown said...

oh, i meant at the top of your blog, the header...

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your blog is now added.
Marina

S. said...

I agree with you (and most of what's here in comments). I used to work at a high end dept. store and people who shopped there were mostly label whores who looked totally unoriginal and knew nothing about real style or quality. The logo bag is a true trait of a mindless follower.

I do like Gucci shoes though.

Anonymous said...

I did a post about this recently. Check out my blog, http://www.thefashionbomb.blogspot.com. If you like it, maybe we can do a blogroll exchange:)

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!