11/5/06

Hear The Bells....

First, and foremost I want to appologize for the lack of postage. My blogger was being ass, and wouldn't let me post for a while. Also, thanks to Parsons Prodigies. The special mention was greatly appreciated, and you should check out her blog.

Since the young days when we were little girls we all dreamt about our wedding and our perfect wedding dress. When I flip through those bridal magazines, 99% of the dresses are so fugly, they make me laugh. So I thought I would share my ideas on what an ideal dress should look like.

For those of you who appreciate the simple things in life, this dress is perfect. There's no big bows, it doesn't have a circumference of six feet, but yet reaches the goal of being simple and beautiful.

This is a
Mary L Couture Shirred Bodice Dress. I like the trio of twisted charmeuse loops that become into the open back and a soft train.




This is a dress that is more detailed and much more 'ouu la la.' I have a feeling that my friends aren't going to really like this because of the pick-up skirt, but I really like dresses like this (when done right) When I get married in many years from now, I would like my dress to be strapless. I think this dress is the perfect balance of elegant without being over the top, because it is quite detailed, but the train is 10 feet long, it's actually not that long.

This is an
Oleg Cassini bridal dress, $1 000.

I really, really like this dress. It's girly and gorgeous. I can see more of a younger bride wearing this, and like summer wedding. I know it doesn't seem like a wedding dress, but if you added the veil, the gloves, the bouquet, and the rest of the diddle da dle, it will look as wedding-ish as it should be.

This is a Vera Wang dress.


As far as accesories go, I really dislike tiaras and a big gawdy jewelry. I really like diamonds though and pearls, then again who doesn't. But only in moderation, not too much. I really like white, silk gloves, probably because we don't ever get to wear them, and our wedding is a good excuse. Though I hate fingerless gloves or lace gloves (too madonna) As far as shoes goes, they just need to be white or silver and well, fabulous.
For more info on the neckace, click
here
For more info on the Stuart Weitzman Shoes, click here

19 comments:

Frapp said...

I think all girls dream of their white wedding at some point, I know I have! I probably wouldn't have a train, in fact I'm not sure mine would even be floor-length. I'd want to be able to dance at the after-party too much! Haha!

Anonymous said...

I love the first dress!!! But i think i'd choose a big 'princess style' dress

Anonymous said...

Omg sAraH thank u sooooo much! I wuz Like totally stressing out about witch 1 to pick but now I'm like" Yay weddings rox my sox!!" Lmao lol omg. Now me n Unicorn Lover can finally like tie the knot and both have nice dresses.

Anonymous said...

ok whose comment was that? hahaha

Gort said...

I love the first one.

Anonymous said...

Actually no... I've never thought about my perfect wedding or wedding dress. Well, whatevs! Peace, girlie.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? tiaras are like the bomb! and nothing beats pink lacy fingerless gloves! they may make you look like a hobo but who cares if they are pink lacy and fingerless! on my weddig i am soooo decorating with pink and purple streamers and i will ride off into the sunset on a unicorn! i will so be wearing like a pretty puffy pink and purple princess dress like the one on the grade 8 cruiz!!!! YAY!!! n omg i have an admirer looks like im getting married!

Anonymous said...

I'm not some audrey hepburn fanatic, but this (http://www.harvardfilmarchive.org/calendars/06_summer/images/film%20history/Funny%20Face%202.jpg) would definitely be my inspiration.

Anonymous said...

um, sorry, here's the link:
http://www.harvardfilmarchive.org/calendars/06_summer/images/film%20history/Funny%20Face%202.jpg

Anonymous said...

blah! oh well. I like a short, full dress, that's my point.

molly said...

Yes, I do...that's so weird.
I never really talked with her, but I know her.
Are you friends with her?

molly said...

Wow that's crazy! Oh God, my grade seven picture...haha.
Yeah, I know what website you're talking about: Nexopia. Everyone here has it. I also have Myspace, so if you do, add me: www.myspace.com/psychedelicexcitement.
That's so cool that you saw my collage and made the connection!

Where do you live?

Anonymous said...

what do you think of the viktor & rolf for h&m wedding dress?

molly said...

I like the second one best, I think.

Ohh, don't worry about it. I just wasn't sure where Frances lived now, but if you don't want to say, that is fine! I knew it was the East Coast...

Meh, no biggie.

Tru said...

the vera wang is beautiful

Maddy said...

Digging the first one. I'm a sucker for knot detailing. Besides, the dress just looks rather pretty and ethereal. Unfortunately, no prospective husbands on the horizon for me, so I'll have to put that dress in my mental closet for the time being.

Julz said...

I love the first dress! That's what I want mine to look like, but I think I want a little lace- traditional.

-S said...

although i have not even thought about my wedding dress (thats a lie, i want it strapless with a loong veil and a sweetheart bustline, and then i would want another dress so i can walk and dance at the reception.), i have thought quite a bit about my prom dress. which i am thinking about going knee-length to break the giant poofy dress trend.

Ella Gregory said...

I really want to see a picture of Dita Von Teese's weding dress. I love her style and heard Vivieene Westwood deigned it, and i adore her.
Love the blog.