11/12/06

Vaseline
Vaseline. It can be used for :burns, irritations, scrapes, chafing, sunburns and diaper rashes. According to the label. Another very good use is for makeup. I love vaseline (petroleum jelly, some may say) I always carry it in my school bag. My favorite use is for lipgloss. Because it doesn't have a scent, your hair doesn't stick to it, and it's great for chaped lips. I don't do this that often, but some of my friends do; they put it on their eyes. It gives it a nice glossy look, yet natural and healthy. Ouuu, and did you know it doesn't clog pores?
Other non makeup usages is that you can put it on your chops to keep you smiling. Unless you enjoy the taste. As well if you have lice, put it on your head and wear a bathing cap. And I suppose if you want to make yourself look all greased up, you could use this too, but I don't see how this would do you any good.
So anyways, next time you go to the store get some vaseline or petroleum jelly, won't cost more than a dollar.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously - I have a tub of vaseline at my desk at work, in my handbag, at home...i use it on my lips thru out the day instead of reapplying my gloss (unless I'm out or something)

Unknown said...

Just to clear this up, make sure you don't put the vaseline on your eyes, I think Sarah ment the eyelids.

Chloé said...

Valseline, its ever so useful! I do put it on my eyelids, but never when im wearing glasses because it gets them oh so terribly greasy.

Alison said...

i pretty much swear by vaseline! i put it on my lips every night and in the morning they're all soft and purdy.

wendy said...

oh my gosh, one of the main reasons i hate using lipgloss is because my hair sticks to my lips. good to know that vaseline wont make that happen! haha i've got to experiment with the tub of vaseline in my cabinet now!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah and Mariza
hows about you two ladies come on over to my place and we'll try out some of that vazaline if you know whata I mean, eh?
I'll wear my wetsuit and lepord-print undies.

Anonymous said...

mmm now I want a big tub of vaseline just to scoop up in my hands. Yum yum.

Anonymous said...

owh mahhh gawd va-sa-line is lyke sowwww mahh FAVE like thing evah! i caaaan nawt be-leiveeeee you use it twoooo... like whaatt a coinkadink! lets hawve a vasolineeeee pahté! boooh yeahhh!!! i like to use it to grease bawk my haiw it is hawt!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... I love vaseline..

ENID P.

Ella Gregory said...

i always put it around my hair line when i dye my hair so the dye doesnt stain ur skin.

Julz said...

I was going to do a vaseline post!

You forgot one of the most USEFUL uses of vaseline though! Whenever you pluck your eyebrows, before put a hot washcloth over them and smear petroleum jelly on them. This opens the pores and is like a lubricant so it is not as painful!

indigomast said...

lol haha I love how you do a post on vaseline :P How high fashion. lol its soo simple but it works..so why not? lol :)

Anonymous said...

Vaseline is like - the solution! It can be used from head to toe... My toddler has skin asthma and whenever she's getting itchy and scratchy, I just rub on some vaseline and voila! - they're gone!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really like using Vaseline. It helps A LOT

Anonymous said...

vaseline can clog your pores, so try not to put it anywhere on your face except for your lips and eyelids.

Anonymous said...

fashion-and-sarah.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.